Friday, January 11, 2008

4 Shevaṭ 5768: National Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend Day/International Thank You Day/Cuckoo Dancing Week/“Designated Hitter” Day

Greetings.

Worthy cause of the day: “24 Helicopters, that's all”. I am not holding my breath, but it does not hurt to try.

Today’s news and commentary, some of which Barry is responsible for:Today’s weird thing is something silly from Emily’s collection, included below. Enjoy, share the weirdness, and Shabbath shalom.

Aaron



Two robins were sitting in a tree. “I’m really
hungry,” said the first one.

“Me, too,” said the second. “Let’s fly down and find
some lunch.”

They flew down to the ground and found a nice plot of
newly plowed ground that was just full of worms. They
ate and ate and ate until they could eat no more.

“I’m so full I don’t think I can fly back up into the
tree,” said the first one.

“Me neither. Let’s just lay back here and bask in the
warm sun,” said the second.

“O.K.,” said the first. So they plopped down, basking
in the sun.

No sooner than they had fallen asleep, when a big fat
tom cat snuck up and gobbled them up. As the cat sat
washing his face after his meal, he thought ...


Ready?...



Are you sure?



This is a real groaner.



Don’t say I didn’t warn you.




“I just love baskin’ robins.”

No comments: